Friday, August 29, 2008

From one ghetto to another

Sorry I haven't blogged in a bit, but the security has been so tight that I couldn't take my laptop with me and then we weren't getting back until really late. Also on Wed, I was a complete bum and I feel asleep in the hotel room during Biden's speech.

The big news of Wed was moving hotels. I had been staying in Longmont at an America's Best Value Inn which while certainly a value but if is the country's best value we are screwed. It was clean and had hot water so whatever but it was hella far away from the action. It was a 45 min car ride min.

LaRue is a rock star and found an econo lodge in Denver that is maybe 15-20 blocks from the action. So four of us moved here.....but apparently we traded rural truck stop ghetto fabulousness for city ghettoness. There are two 24 hour adult stores across the street from us that advertise things I have never heard of. Furthering this thought is the fact that an CO state senator told the boys to avoid the girls on Colfax and The Onion's convention edition joked about the prostitutes here...oh well. The hotel and area is currently pretty safe as it is overrun with DNCC attendees but I don't think I will be staying here on a return trip.

No comments: